Friday, October 9, 2015

Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin

"Summers span decades. Winter can last a lifetime. And the struggle for the Iron Throne has begun.

As Warden of the north, Lord Eddard Stark counts it a curse when King Robert bestows on him the office of the Hand. His honour weighs him down at court where a true man does what he will, not what he must … and a dead enemy is a thing of beauty.

The old gods have no power in the south, Stark’s family is split and there is treachery at court. Worse, the vengeance-mad heir of the deposed Dragon King has grown to maturity in exile in the Free Cities. He claims the Iron Throne."









 I wanted to read this book because I love the show and I like reading the books and comparing the two. The cover wasn't very good because I got a good deal for my kindle and got all 5 books for $20.  I know I was really excited about that. I think now its like $40 for all of them together.  So the covers aren't that good but that's ok. I loved how it described the dragon eggs because in the show u really didn't get to see them.  The story was well written but I don't know if it was because I already knew what was going to happen or what but it really didn't pull me in like I was hoping it would, which I'm kind of sad about, :( 

Now on to the characters.  Oh my goodness there is a lot more characters in the book than there are in the tv show. I don't think I even remember half of the names lol.  I still love Arya's character and I am looking forward to see the differences with her from the show (if there is any), and Sansa is still a spoiled naive little girl which from what I have heard that doesn't change much but I could be wrong :).    I am really looking forward to see how the characters develop compared to the TV show.

No comments:

Post a Comment